About Our Reopening
Congregation Or Ami looks forward to seeing those who choose to attend our services! Please make your decision to attend carefully. While we are taking precautions, we cannot eliminate all risk. If you choose not to attend in person, you may still participate in our service via Zoom.
If you do choose to attend, please review the guidelines that were sent to you via email, or click HERE to download. The following Or Ami video will help you become familiar with what to expect. Click HERE to watch our video.
Those who choose to attend must pre-register by Friday at 12 p.m. in the week of the service. We welcome anyone who would like to attend but no one will be admitted unless they are registered. Immediate family members or guests of members who do not reside in the member household must submit their own registration and consent. Attendance is limited to 50% of our sanctuary capacity and will prioritize members. Click HERE to register.
There are several COVID-19 screening questions. Anyone with any signs of illness, with or without fever, should stay home. The CDC lists these as possible indications of COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Please take extra consideration in your decision if you are not vaccinated and in a vulnerable group that is more at risk for COVID-19. According to the CDC, people who are not vaccinated and meet any of the following criteria are considered to be at higher risk:
- Aged 65 years and older
- Those who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- People of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including those with:
- Chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Serious heart conditions
- Immunocompromised (currently in cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications)
- Severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
- Chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
Those who make the decision to attend in person, vaccinated or not, must abide by all posted guidelines, including wearing a mask, seating requirements, social distancing while in the building and restroom occupancy rules. Children under 5 may attend without a mask at the discretion of their parents. All children must maintain six-foot distancing. Please consider this requirement when making your decision to attend.
There are no exceptions to the mask requirement for those aged 5 and up. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask for the entire duration of your time in the synagogue, please attend the service remotely via Zoom.